We recognise that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect from you. The Privacy Act governs the way in which we must manage your personal information.
This policy describes the types of information that you may provide or we may collect from you when you visit the EVENTS section of www.iffo.com/events website and our practices for collecting, storing, using, protecting, disclosing and otherwise managing that information about you.
How data is collected
- Directly from you when you register for an event via the website www.iffo.com/events.
- Any additional information that is provided via email or through a telephone conversation.
- We may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address and/or domain name.
- We may also ask you for information should you report a problem with our website.
Types of data collected
We collect and hold data including that which can identify you, such as:
- Delegate’s personal and company information provided during online registration including address and contact details.
- ID photos.
- Options to attend social functions.
- Information on how you use the site. This is collected automatically and may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or web beacons using cookies.
- Data we collect for analytical purposes such as how often a page is accessed, how many delegates accessed the page.
IFFO does not collect any credit card details.
Where data is stored
Your data is stored on a secure web server, and then downloaded to a secure server at the IFFO office.
We will typically retain your personal information on the website for about 2 months following an event. Any data stored on the web server will then be deleted. Data stored on the IFFO server will be held securely indefinitely.
How your data is used
The personal information that we collect and hold about you can be viewed and used by authorised people in IFFO. Generally, we will collect and hold your personal information in order to:
- communicate with you online or offline, provide services and keep you up-to-date relating to an event you are attending
- provide event invoices
- respond to queries made by you
- present our website and its contents to you
- to share event information with you
- prepare lists of delegates for inclusion on the website
- prepare lists of delegates with contact details for viewing by all registered delegates in a secure area
- prepare your ID badge for the event
- allow you to access the delegates’ area of the website
- market future events
- for internal administration, analyses and operational/service reviews
- facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements
- to monitor our website performance
Use and disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above).
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to our contractors, service providers, and other third partied we use to support our event and who use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (conference sponsors, professional conference organiser, hotel, social venues).
We may pass on some of your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, for instance, to comply with any court order or law, or to pay VAT.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you with the services you are seeking.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you have a personal responsibility for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Controlling your personal information
You may access personal information we hold about you relating to this event, upon making a written request. IFFO will endeavour to acknowledge your request as soon as possible and to provide you with a copy of the information requested.
If, upon receiving a copy of your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately by email to [email protected]. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information promptly.
IFFO (2012) Limited
Unit C Printworks, 22 Amelia Street
London, SE17 3BZ, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 2030 539 195
DATED: 19th June 2018
UPDATED: 23rd January 2020