Producer membership is available to all companies that produce fishmeal and/or fish oil.
Producer Member Benefits:
Market Statistics at your fingers tips:
- The full weekly report (including prices) as well as the monthly and yearly statistical reports, giving valuable insights on fishing, fishmeal and fish oil markets with expert commentary.
Keep up to date with industry news and build your kills set:
- Member flash emails about important industry developments
- Update – our monthly newsletter that gives a concise overview of industry news
- The IFFO website Members area has a wide pool of resources for members, including guidance industry regulatory requirements, TACS and quotas and China import information
- Datasheets and technical bulletins containing specialist information
- IFFO and partner training courses – a range of training courses, organised by IFFO and our partners
Joining our network – IFFO Events:
- Members contact list to tap easily into the industry
- Bi-annual events with a Members’ meeting usually in April and Annual Conference in October, giving unparalleled access to the movers and shakers of the industry worldwide. Producers gain access to the valuable Market Forum sessions held at the Members Meetings and Annual Conferences. Members receive a 50% discount on the registration fee. Plus a range of partner events around the world
- Access to our worldwide resources for individual member queries
Having an advocate:
- IFFO represents members with the international trade press and monitors proposed legislation to protect the industry. We represent the industry internationally at FAO, EU Commission and Parliament, AQSIQ and many more.
- Producers receive assistance from our China office regarding China licensing (additional fees apply).
- Generic promotion - IFFO works hard to promote the benefits of marine ingredients and to enhance the industry’s reputation by speaking at key international events and publishing articles in international trade press
The IFFO Board:
- Board members are elected from the organisation's Producer Members, four of which are from Peru, three from Chile, three from Scandinavia, and one from the USA with two more nominated from the rest of the producing countries. A President and Vice-President are elected from these 13 representatives and the board elections take place every two years.
Producer membership costs US$ 0.35/MT of fishmeal and fish oil produced during the previous calendar year, with a minimum annual fee of US$ 6,600. The rate per tonne is reviewed annually by the management board to ensure costs are covered. Small producers can combine into an association to avoid individually paying the minimum fee.
How to join
To begin the application process, please complete the Producer Application Form that can be found by following the quick link on the right hand side. Once completed we will review and get back to you. If you want to enquire about your application or have any other questions please send an email to email@example.com
Note: Membership fees are paid in advance and you will need a reference from a current Producer member, more details are on the application forms.